How Long To Cook A Turkey: Turkey Cooking Times Per Pound
How Long To Cook A Turkey: Turkey Cooking Times Per Pound – How long to cook a Turkey? Turkey Cooking Times Per Pound infos can be found here.
For this Thanksgiving let tradition stimulate your imagination and have fun in the kitchen.
Check our couple of our turkey recipes below that will make your invitees happy no matter their taste – culinary wise.
How and when to prepare the Thanksgiving turkey?
It all depends on the weight of the turkey, so here are the basic instructions used by big chefs to grandmothers in their cozy kitchens.
10 to 18 pounds 3 to 3-1/2 hours 3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours
18 to 22 pounds 3-1/2 to 4 hours 4-1/2 to 5 hours
22 to 24 pounds 4 to 4-1/2 hours 5 to 5-1/2 hours
24 to 29 pounds 4-1/2 to 5 hours 5-1/2 to 6-1/4 hours
Before we get to the recipe, here are some helpful tips that can be used for cooking a delicious bird during the Holidays.
It is advised that you cook it with stuffing (or without, but the stuffing makes the meat melt in your mouth ), at low heat and stays moist at all time (constantly water the bird with its juice).
An now for the tough question, which recipe fits your kitchen?
You can choose classic recipes such as stuffed turkey, or stuffed with chestnuts, or go with something more original such as turkey with allspice or turkey with green grapes for lovers of sweet and salty. Trust your taste buds.
Ingredients for a classic Thanksgiving Turkey:
* 1 6 pounds turkey ready to cook.
* 1/4 pound of pork loin.
* 1/4 pound of veal.
* 1/4 pound smoked bacon.
* 2/3 lb whole chestnuts, cooked.
* 1/4 pound butter.
* 2 shallots.
* 2 eggs.
* 2 cups of chicken stock.
* 4.4 lbs of bread dough.
Technical stages for the Thanksgiving Turkey:
* This recipe is the traditional Thanksgiving turkey with bread crust:
* Make a stuffing by chopping veal, pork, bacon and chestnuts.
* Sauté the finely chopped shallots in butter and pour over the previous preparation.
* Add eggs, salt and pepper and mix.
* Stuff the turkey and sew the opening.
* Butter the turkey generously sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake the dish at 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 1h30.
* Cool turkey and get the juices that you cook.
* Stretch the dough to a thickness of about 0.7 inches.
* Wrap the turkey in the dough and let rise at room temperature for 30 min.
* Sprinkle with flour and put it back in oven for an hour at 356 degrees F.
* Mix the juices and the chicken stock and boil.
* Stir in 3 1/2 Tablespoons of butter .
* Serve the juice in a gravy bowl.
* Sauté the apples wedges in butter, mix it with the chestnuts and spread it around the loaf of bread.
Category: Food & Drink